Select an Insider and an Experience
Contact us and we’ll take care of the details
Meet your Insider for a unique creative Experience
About the Experience
Read our FAQs
- Starting with some of the main galleries in London - such as the National Portrait Gallery, Courtauld Institute or the British Museum - Rosalind will introduce you to some of the capital’s most curious and compelling collections.
- Follow her into private houses which have been turned into galleries and tucked-away museums such as The Cartoon Museum, Sir John Soane’s Museum and The Hunterian for a surprising glimpse of the past and the chance to view artistic treasures.
- Learn about the evolution of portraiture, pointing out portraits to demonstrate how people through the ages have chosen to be represented and how artists have responded to them.
- She will provide a brief history of the artists and their subjects and, using her understanding of portraiture, bring the process to life through explaining painting techniques, styles and composition.
- Available year-round, Monday - Sunday
- Start times after 10:00 am
- This Experience is appropriate for children
- Perfect for: Those keen to take a trip into the history of portraiture and to discover a fascinating and different aspect of London. Those passionate about art and history.
- Private and tailor-made
- Expert Insider
- Refreshments included
- Flexible cancellation
- Carefully curated itineraries
Read our FAQs
Meet Rosalind Freeborn